Sunday, February 28, 2010

Hockey on rise:

Hey dude, do you know what I am doing?? Watching India and arch rival Pak match. Nope!!! It’s not cricket, it’s our national game Hockey.Second half has started and India is ahead by 3-0. Just now Pak got the penalty corner and my heart skipped a beat.. hey we are lucky they missed it… Sandeep Singh is an amazing player…… love you buddy!! Still 20 mins remain…. hey guys Pak again got the third penalty corner.. I have kept my fingers crossed………

 Again we got lucky!!!! What a fantastic game from Indian hockey players.. Oh no! Pak got the fourth PC … let me cross my fingers again …. Amazing guys again you made them to lose.We are still ahead by 3-0. Now we got the PC. Come on India! I just want you to hit the fourth goal. I am happy Sandeep Singh you heard me … I can’t believe my eyes, its very thrilling. We are ahead by 4-0 still 12 mins to go…. I can hear the echo of India India. Oops!!  This time Pak converted the PC into goal… we are ahead by 4-1. I want to have dinner but will wait till the match gets over..... 8 more minutes to go.. I must admit that I don’t understand the technicality of the game but its very entertaining to watch. Now I am able to recognize our players too.
We got the PC in last min.. Convert it guys…oops… we are not lucky this time but still we are going to win and we won it …. India thrashes Pak with 4-1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hats off to Sandeep Singh and Sheejesh (Goal keeper) Thanks to Indian Media which reminded me to tune in to Doordarshan to watch the match. Thanks to Indian hockey team which gave me such a wonderful evening..
I know cricket is a religion for us but lets start enjoying our National game as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment